Resources for health professionals
- Guidelines and tools
- Information for your patients
- Supporting documents
Guidelines and tools
Guide to management of hypertension
These guidelines have been endorsed by Kidney Health Australia, National Stroke Foundation and the High Blood Pressure Research Council of Australia. The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) have recommended the Guideline for approval as an Accepted Clinical Resource.
- Guide to management of hypertension in adults 2016 (PDF)
- Key recommendations in the guidelines (PDF)
- Summary for health professionals (PDF)
- Key Messages (PDF)
Developed by the Heart Foundation to guide health professionals in the management of hypertension. Published in the Medical Journal of Australia.
Practice tools for managing hypertension
- Lifestyle advice for confirmed hypertension (Chapter five of Hypertension Management Guidelines) (PDF)
Presentations for health professionals
Information for your patients
- A list of blood pressure monitors validated by the British Hypertension Society, including clinic, ambulatory and home blood pressure monitors on the British Hypertension Society (BHS) website
- Guidelines for the management of absolute cardiovascular disease risk (PDF)
- Home blood pressure monitoring: Australian Expert Consensus Statement
- Reducing risk in heart disease (PDF) - Please note: This resource - National Heart Foundation of Australia and the Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand. "Reducing risk in heart disease: an expert guide to clinical practice for secondary prevention of coronary heart disease" 2012. has been retired as it is now out-of-date. If you wish to obtain a copy, please email email@example.com.